Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Paralegal for the Litigation Practice group reporting to the Paralegal Manager. This position will reside in the San Francisco office and will be responsible for providing project assistance and case management to attorneys and trial teams as follows:
General Litigation responsibilities including:
• Tracking and communicating case related dates and information.
• Document and database maintenance, including managing and overseeing electronic data document collections from internal and external clients; searching and filtering collected data per instructions; recommending and refining searches when appropriate; analyzing data as required using computer assisted review technologies; communicating with data custodians and requesters as necessary; collaborating with in-house counsel, outside counsel, external vendors, and other internal IT groups.
• All aspects of asbestos case management including the discovery process, trial preparation, tracking and communicating case related dates/deadlines and information.
• The review and preparation of documents, reports and correspondence.
• Assisting with discovery requests and production requests.
• Assisting with drafting, proofing, editing, and filing court briefings.
• Cite-checking and bluebooking briefs, memorandum, white papers, etc.
• Creating tables of authority and tables of contents for court briefing.
• Calendaring all events/deadlines with Calendaring Department.
• Assisting with pre-, daily, and post-trial travel, court, and vendor logistics.
• Witness preparation, direct examination, cross-examination binders.
• Assisting with drafting and finalizing stipulations.
• Daily trial attendance, exhibit logging/tracking, as needed.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
• A minimum of two (2) years of litigation paralegal experience with experience in filing requirements, cite-checking and trial presentation is essential.
• The ability to handle the multiple responsibilities of case management and trial preparation in a fast-paced team environment.
• Understanding of litigation support systems including Case Notebook, Relativity, and Sanction strongly desired.
• Prior paralegal experience in a litigation environment, including experience with client intake and case management skills, is highly desired.
• Proofreading and editing skills a plus.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are important.
• Detail-oriented, motivated, creative and capable of managing multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines in a demanding, but rewarding, environment.
• A strong team player, as well as the ability to work on independent projects.
• The ability to adapt to change; work independently with minimal supervision; and work under strict deadlines.
• Self-motivated, exercising sound judgment, demonstrating good time-management and teamwork skills.
• A commitment to providing excellent client service, and effectively interact with clients as well as staff at all levels.
• Flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
In addition to a bachelor’s degree, per California legislation AB 1761, paralegals are required to have one of the following:
(1) a certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association;
(2) certificate of completion of a paralegal program at, or a degree from, a postsecondary institution that requires the successful completion of a minimum of 24 semesters, or equivalent, units in law-related courses and that has been accredited by a national or regional accrediting organization or approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education;
(3) baccalaureate degree or an advanced degree in any subject, a minimum of one year of law-related experience under the supervision of an attorney who has been an active member of the State Bar of California for at least the preceding three years or who has practiced in the federal courts of this state for at least the preceding three years, and a written declaration from this attorney stating that the person is qualified to perform paralegal tasks.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com
and selecting “Careers.”
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in San Francisco. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP.
Website : https://www.morganlewis.com/
Morgan Lewis, we work in collaboration. We work around the clock and around the world—always ready, always on—to respond to the needs of our clients and craft powerful solutions for them. From our 30 offices* in North America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, we work with clients ranging from established, global Fortune 100 companies to enterprising startups.