Auto req ID
Summary: Lead sales enablement activities, build processes and create marketing collateral to support marketing and sales efforts of WGL Energy Services and WGL Energy Systems (WGL Energy) energy products and services for the government, commercial & industrial customer, small commercial and residential segments. Develops, implements, tracks and optimizes integrated marketing campaigns across all channels, including print, digital (web, social, search), email, events, telephone and face-to-face. Ensures alignment of the marketing communications strategy with the sales strategy and 5-year long range plan for government, commercial & industrial, small commercial and residential segments.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* In coordination with the sales, support and other cross-functional departments:
o Strengthen sales vendor, channel partner and end-user customer relationships through the following activities: identify and understand the unique needs of vendors, channel partners and customers; create marketing collateral and sales enablement materials that communicate our unique selling proposition; and provide on-site support for sales-related activities, as needed.
o Measure and track key business outcomes, including customer acquisition and retention results, cost per acquisition and customer satisfaction.
* Refines and expands existing sales enablement processes to ensure consistency of messaging across all WGL Energy marketing channels (including print and online).
* Provides administrative, development and production support as required for the following WGL Energy marketing and sales activities:
NEW CUSTOMER ACQUISITION:
* Direct mail solicitations
* Campaign website content
* Telesales scripting
* Customer service scripting and training materials
* Contract documents
* Advertising and media support
* Promotional materials for events
* Affiliate and community outreach channel communications
* Digital communications (including social media and search)
* Affiliate training materials
* Content for proposals and RFP responses
* White papers
* Customer testimonials and case studies
* E-Newsletter content
EXISTING CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS:
* Cross-sell/upsell email, direct mail and telesales content
* Website content
* Renewal letters
* Correspondence such as welcome letters, confirmations, etc.
* Digital communications (including social media and search content)
* Develops and utilizes strong knowledge of the WGL Energy business in all aspects of position.
* Adheres to all legal and regulatory rule compliance by jurisdiction.
* All other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
* Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing or related discipline required.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional office environment, including at least 3 years of relevant marketing support experience required.
* Sales experience in energy (or similar industry) as an individual contributor with responsibility for meeting annual sales quotas.
* Proven capability for developing and executing sales strategies and processes.
* Expertise in Twitter and LinkedIn.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages, both verbally and in writing, to diverse internal and external audiences at all organization levels.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with a proven ability to draft accurate, concise and appealing marketing pieces. Superior proofreading and editing skills.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
* Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills with the utmost attention to detail.
* Experience with regulatory compliance, especially related to the energy industry, preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated with proven ability to work independently.
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, subordinates, and peers.
* Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications, network and internet systems, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
* HTML proficiency preferred, with requisite experience in Sitecore, Social Studio, Salesforce, Pardot and PHP environments.
* Ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude while performing in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes including nights and/or weekends.
* Valid driver's license
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* May be required to travel to events, regional sales offices or other locations to meet internal and external stakeholders.
WGL is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.