The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with.
So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: people. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
The Communication Consultant will work independently and provide support to senior Communication consultants and consultants from other Mercer lines of business to develop effective, accurate and timely employee communication strategies, work plans and materials for clients. This position will act as either primary or secondary client contact; is responsible for the implementation of communication strategies; and project management of client deliverables.
To fulfill this role, the consultant will:
• Review and edit customized human resources communication materials for targeted audiences using appropriate media utilizing MS Word, PowerPoint and, as appropriate, HTML and software for online media.
• Develop and implement communication strategies and work plans by editing and proofreading documents; and applying and implementing applicable knowledge obtained through experience and research; and lead discussions with colleagues on ideas to implement and design communication strategies.
• Act as primary client contact and effectively manage smaller client projects independently (under 2,000 lives client size), delivering projects on time and within budget. Interact with clients on a regular basis by answering questions, handling edits or changes, and providing requested materials over the phone, via e-mail or by attending client meetings.
• Act as secondary client contact and assist Communication consultants with project management and production coordination on large complex assignments (over $50,000 budgets).
• Coordinate appropriate reviews (compliance, technical, editorial, client, vendor, etc.) and resolve complex and unique issues raised during the review process to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of the materials, escalate difficult issues to project managers and senior consultants as appropriate.
• Leverage work, when appropriate, to other resources (analysts, administrative assistants, etc.) and provide guidance for accomplishing work and meeting performance standards.
• Manage consultants', and when appropriate, clients' expectations by communicating clearly with these team members regarding deadlines, deliverables, and availability of resources.
• Support business development activities by identifying new and emerging client needs and selling expanded Mercer services.
Bachelor's degree in English, business, communication, journalism, human resources or related field of study
At least, 7 or more years' extensive experience writing corporate communications, including compensation, benefits and policies and/or applicable paralegal experience or 5 years' of direct HR consulting experience
Provide sales support to senior-level colleagues with presentations and proposals
Operate well in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision required
Advanced editing, proofreading, and composition skills; proven technical and persuasive writing skills
Strong oral communication and client relationship skills
Excellent organizational and project management skills
Strong command of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint; MS Project knowledge desirable
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment is essential