Brand Writer, Girls Brands
LOCATION: CA - Burbank
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Regular
JOB CATEGORY: Creative Development Studios
This talented writer will work in partnership with global Creative Development and Marketing to produce clear, persuasive copy for toy product packages, instructions, e-commerce copy, ads, branding assets, and supporting collateral.
The successful Brand Writer will possess an established talent for creative writing and storytelling, including the ability to name products and develop signature styles that capture and define the essence of our brands. This writer must be capable of writing in a wide range of styles and of managing numerous concurrent projects at different phases of development.
In addition to advanced writing skills, this writer must also possess strong presentation and interpersonal skills. This position demands someone who can not only write creatively, but who can think creatively—someone who can lead brainstorms and present strategic rationale for for writing choices.
(70%) Write copy for packages, instructions, e-commerce copy, ads, brand assets, and supporting collateral:
* Develop a brand tone of voice that sets the copy strategy for all written assets for a brand.
* Contribute to brand storytelling and character development
* Write long-form, immersive e-commerce copy
* Write lead copy for translation into 4+ languages for multi-lingual assets
* Generate unique and own-able product and brand names and taglines
* Research relevant product and competitive information
* Leverage consumer insights gained through product and consumer testing
* Present work in Creative Reviews and obtain stakeholder approvals
* Track multiple projects and meet urgent deadlines
* Update copy documents on group servers and cross-check against artwork
(30%) Collaborate with global Product and Creative Development teams, which includes:
* Initiate and attend team meetings, product kick offs, approval meetings, and status meetings
* Work closely with Marketing, Graphic Design, Product Design, Engineering, Legal, Package Quality & Regional Compliance, and Global Adaptations
* BA in English, Writing, Journalism, or equivalent related experience required.
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in creating/editing consumer targeted written materials for well-known brands.
* Demonstrated command of all aspects of creative writing, including the ability to name products and write against a defined brand strategy.
* Capable of writing in a range of styles and in managing numerous concurrent projects at different phases of development.
* Demonstrated creative and technical writing talent
* Knowledge of communication strategies
* Ability to pair appropriate words with visual elements
* Ability to write for future global translation
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to think quickly and adjust to changing priorities
* Flexibility to work independently or collaboratively
* Proven time/project management ability
* Excellent attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
* Confidence, resilience, creativity, and a positive attitude
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Hasbro ranked No. 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past six years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
BUSINESS UNIT: Global Development
Website : http://www.hasbro.com
Funskool is India’s leading toy manufacturing company promoted by MRF group. Funskool started its commercial operations in the year 1988 and has state of the art manufacturing facilities at Goa sprawling an area of 70,000 sq.ft and 50,000 sq. ft factory at Ranipet. Funskool has been pioneering the concept of quality and safe toys in India and raised the standard of the toys quality in the Indian Market. The company’s mission is to influence the parents to spend on toys that enable every Indian child to grow with quality toys that contributes to their mental development. Funskool has one of the largest ranges of toys in India