Microsoft's mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
We are looking for candidates who are:
* Team Players: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay maniacally focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative, matrixed global organization.
* Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with insatiable curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
* Relentlessly Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
* Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
* Pure Challenge: demonstrated desire and ability to readily take on complex challenges and work towards solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
* Passion for Technology: you're deeply motivated by the incredible opportunity of how technology can inspire and ignite change and renewal.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Software Engineering roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered as a student or recent graduate, you should be within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months.
As a programmer writer you will harness your passion for teaching, writing, and coding to help enable the creation of amazing apps, innovative services, and creative experiences. You will understand Microsoft platforms and technologies inside out so you can teach developers around the world how to design and build compelling software and hardware solutions.
Technical writers have the rare balance of superior written communication skills and a keen understanding of technology's finer details. Technical writers play a crucial role in helping both internal and external audiences understand company goals, concepts and technologies.
* A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field (within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months).
* One or two years of experience in C/C /C#/Java or other computer programming languages preferred.
* Excellent writing skills.
* A bachelor's degree in English, communication or similar field ((within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months).
* Proven technical writing skills.
* Knowledge of programming languages such as C, C , and C#.
* Demonstrated passion for technology.
* Additional background in technical writing or programming is a plus.
* Understanding of programming concepts and programming languages is also a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Programmer Writers will start by diving into code and collaborating with people across engineering, design, and marketing to understand the end-to-end story. Next you'll walk the proverbial miles in your customers' shoes to make sure you understand their real-world scenarios. Then you'll deliver code samples and technical guidance to assist them in solving complex problems and to help light up new experiences in their apps and hardware.
As a technical writer, you are responsible for the development, design, deployment, vision, and business strategy for our content. This includes content creation, acquisition, production, editorial, and other publishing activities across our many disciplines. Whether your content reaches its audience via the web, in print, new channels not yet determined, or as learning products, games, or customer support you are the voice of our company.