USAF Technical Writer - WPIII Job
Jul 11, 2018
USAF Technical Writer - WPIII (Job Number:438237)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Candidate will serve as the embedded Technical Writer/Editor on a Tactical Vehicle Integration Prototype project. As an embedded team member, the candidate will work in conjunction with and alongside technicians, logisticians, engineers and the customer to capture and document through written, pictorial and line drawing instructions the technical details of proposed and actual prototyping and the assembly and integration of C4ISR systems into various military vehicle platforms. The candidate may also be tasked with the creation of Technical Instructions (TIs), Technical Manuals (TMs), Technical Bulletins (TB), Illustrated Parts Breakdowns, Inspection/Maintenance procedures and manuals, and Work Unit Code Manuals. The candidate's work will comply with DoD standards. Secondarily, the candidate may participate in conference calls, verification and validation trials, and other milestones as required by the Project Manager (PM). This position holds no supervisory responsibilities and no direct reports.
- Must have at least high school diploma with two (2) years of experience in the actual writing and editing of technical documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or similar no experience required
- Technical Writing and experience in DoD writing standards and no experience needed.
- Experience utilizing software tools including Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Photoshop is required.
- Experience with 3-D modeling software and 2-D illustration programs to create high quality technical illustrations using editing and illustrating software such as Adobe Illustrator, Creo Illustrator, IsoDraw, 3DVIA Composer or similar editing and illustrating tools is desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Jul 12, 2018, 7:57:17 PM
United States-SC-NORTH CHARLESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking:
Yes, 10% of the time
Nearest Major Market:
Charleston South Carolina
Nearest Secondary Market:
Technical Writer, Engineer, Graphic Design, Inspector, Embedded, Technology, Engineering, Creative, Quality