**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. , LLC is seeking a Technical Writer to participate in a team supporting the development, acquisition, and implementation of a new radiosonde observing system for NOAA’s National Weather Service.
The program is located at NOAA in Silver Spring, MD, and will provide technical support services for the overarching project management, systems engineering, business and financial planning and reporting associated with this project.
• Process and analyze information gathered from vendor based documentation to pre-approved organizational templates.
• Catalog client requirements and develop task list and estimates, and schedule for deliverables.
• Assist the PMO in developing innovative solutions to support federal acquisition processes.
• Assist in the publication of project materials and acquisition deliverable.
• Oversee the document and change management processes.
• Demonstrated background in technical writing involving a significant amounts writing, reading, editing, and management of technical documents and procedures.
• Strong understanding of technical schematics, and reading.
• Strong interpersonal skills required to support the translated vendor materials, SME recommendation, and engineer inputs into a comprehensive field procedures.
• Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures for system maintenance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) processes.
• Demonstrated experience with diverse team members or multidiscipline collaboration.
• Experience developing detailed field procedures for hardware/sub-system replacement.
• Experience working within a Maintenance, Engineering and/or Program Management Office (PMO) environment.
• Excellent writing skills using proper English grammar, engineering, and technical terms of reference.
• Ability to draft maintenance manuals, technical drawing, processes and procedures.
• Proficiency in preparing and formatting documents using Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of version control.
• Ability to understand and create technical schematics and drawings.
• May be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with this position.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, matching 401(k) contribution and Educational support.