Northrop Grumman Corporation
Technical Editor and Writer 3 or 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Technical Editor and Writer 3 or 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program. This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers, including passport and visa application; adjudication and issuance; emergency and non-emergency citizen services; crisis; and other consular services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, and operational specifications.
* Clearly and effectively communicates technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
* Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
* Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
* Conducts quality review of materials.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Technical Editor and Writer 3 are a Bachelor's and 6 years' experience.
* Technical Editor and Writer 4 are a Bachelor's and 10 years' experience.
* Active Secret Security Clearance.
* Cyber security/IT security professional writing experience.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Department of State experience desired.
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.