ManTech International Corporation.
ManTech is actively seeking talented professionals eager to “secure the future” supporting mission critical programs and solving some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation's security. We need an experienced Technical Writer and cross-functional team members who will work diligently alongside Technical Professionals supporting and executing operations occurring in Southern, MD, Arlington, VA, and throughout the nation.
This position is Part Time
Must currently hold a TOP SECRET clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Writer is expected to create, develop, organize, author, and edit material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications; not limited to reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications, digital presentations, pamphlets and brochures associated with methods and procedures, installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
- Candidate is expected to research, know and utilize modern systems thinking to ensure that consistency between textual data and adjacent publications is linked and presented well, is accurate and complete, and meets all editorial and government specifications as required by governmental officials and per accepted quality conventions.
- Technical writer is expected to lead and participate in interviewing production and engineering personnel, and reading and interpreting journals, reports, and other material to be familiar with product technologies and production methods and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- This technical writer is also expected to interface well with governmental technical leads to support project development and the publication of assigned project periodicals.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite applications is desired.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting a major, multi-faceted program with writing and developing program and project manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience.
- Equivalent Experience/Education
- 8-10 years w/High School Diploma
- 5-7 years w/ technical certification
- 3-5 years w/Bachelor’s Degree
Position Type Part-Time
Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent in related technical field and five to seven years of related (technical writing/editing) experience.
Years of Experience
Part-Time (20 hrs/wk)
ManTech International Corporation.
Website : http://www.mantech.com/
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies and solutions for mission-critical national security programs in the United States and internationally. It offers cyber warfare and cyber defense security solutions and services, such as identifying and neutralizing external cyber attacks; engineering tailored defensive security solutions and controls; managing security operations centers; developing robust insider threat detection programs; and creating enterprise vulnerability management programs. The company also provides information technology (IT) modernization and sustainment services that designs, develops, deploys, modernizes, operates, and maintains IT systems and infrastructure; intelligence/counterintelligence solutions and support; systems engineering; and healthcare analytics, and IT solutions that encompasses health information sharing and clinical analytic solutions. ManTech International Corporation serves the United States federal government intelligence, military, space, civilian agencies, state and local governments, and commercial customers. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Fairfax, Virginia.