Cubic Transportation Systems
Having a job, a career, a passion is fantastic, a dream come true. But would you agree that a major challenge of working is getting TO work? Too many cars, congested freeways, under-serving public transportation, and a lack of information to help us figure out how to get where we want to go faster, easier, cheaper are all problems looking for solutions.
Want to be part of the solution?
Intelligent transportation is one of the fastest growing industries today, and Cubic Transportation Systems is at the heart of it. We are looking for software developers and engineers with the imagination and drive to help regional transportation providers give their customers actionable data and infrastructure to make informed choices about what mode of travel to use at a particular time, including mobile apps and other wireless devices. The future of transportation payment is in our hands and it s mobile and wireless.
The Technical Training Manager provides leadership and direction to the Technical Training Group. Manages technical writers, and training specialists in the editing of test plans, test procedures, training materials, technical documentation and training at customer sites. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents in this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participates in technical proposal writing and provide budget input for test, training, and documentation services.
* Determines contractual requirements for test, training and documentation and documentation in RTM.
* Develops and manages budget and schedule for task accomplishment.
* Assigns staff writing, training and test responsibilities.
* Writes/Edits technical documentation and training materials.
* Provides project status to Program Manager, scheduling and senior management.
* Monitors man-loading requirements.
* Promotes and develop staff training program.
* Manages the preparation of a test plan and test procedures based on the design parameters to be verified in the RTM.
* Ensures that tests are conducted in accordance with the procedures and that all discrepancies are documented.
* Organizes, formats, writes, edits, and proofreads customer documentation.
* Develops standards and defines procedures that ensure documentation meets contractual obligations and adheres to quality standards.
* Provides test, training and documentation input for technical proposals.
* Works with Program Managers and scheduling department to develop delivery schedules.
* Provides technical writing and word processing support for company-wide efforts.
* Organizes department skills training and development.
* Ensures proper verification of discrepancies.
* Manages the conduct of tests to uncover product weaknesses beyond the scope of the specific design & specification parameters.
* Oversees the preparation of a comprehensive test report.
* Reviews process and quality level of work.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Four-year college degree in Information Systems/Computer Science, MCSE preferred, plus a minimum of eight years experience as a technical writer or technical trainer. Management experience preferred. Minimum three years experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications (Word Perfect, Word, Excel, etc.). Ability to use/learn graphic drawing applications (Micrografix Draw, Visio, AutoCAD, etc.). Must be available for travel.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Founded by Walter J. Zable, Cubic began life as a small electronics company in a San Diego storefront in 1951. The employees' tireless efforts over the next few years laid the foundation for large-scale product diversification and growth. During the decade of the 1960s, Cubic grew by 588 percent. Among Cubic's early successes were the introduction of products such as precision distance measuring equipment, and aerial photo mapping and survey systems. The company also developed the nation's first electronic stadium scoreboard in 1966 for San Diego's stadium.