University of North Texas
The Education-Dean's Office Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Dept/College Senior Communications Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Writing, editing, and disseminating informative and creative content that supports the College of Education and its departments.
* Will write and edit content for multiple audiences and in varying media (online, print, broadcast) and may include: articles, brochures, websites, social media, reports, grant proposals, policies, technical documentation, and communications etc. for various target audiences. Positions may function as generalists or specialists.
* Strategizes, interviews, researches, writes, edits and schedules content for varying media. This may include web pages, other social media, press releases, news coverage and advertising.
* Develops communication plans. Plans and coordinates content for publications, setting editorial, production and printing schedules; works closely with other writers, designers, photographers and printers to ensure that publishing deadlines are met.
* Monitors department/college social media properties, engaging with audience members where appropriate, answering questions, correcting misinformation, or directing them to relevant resources.
* Develops effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Develops relationships with campus, local, regional, state and national media sources, conducting regular meetings with key sources and keeping track of media assignments.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.Minimum Qualifications The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of experience in writing and/or editing publications; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to conceptualize, write and edit, accurate and concise content for university audiences.
* Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, conduct multiple tasks and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to visually inspect print and online copy when self-editing or editing the copy of others.
* Works effectively within a team and effectively works closely with other staff, faculty, and students toward a common goal.
* Knowledge of how to contact sources and ability to conduct interviews and take accurate notes.
* Knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation and Associated Press and Chicago Manual styles.
* Knowledge of writing guidelines for various media and ability to create unique copy for each format (print, online, broadcast).
* Understanding of institutional strategy (or ability to quickly assimilate) and ability to integrate the strategy into modes of communication.
University of North Texas
Website : http://www.unt.edu
As one of Texas' largest universities, we offer 100 bachelor's, 83 master's and 37 doctoral degree programs. By providing access, welcoming diversity and strengthening our collaborations with our many educational, business and community partners, as well as building new partnerships across the globe, UNT's faculty and staff work each day to prepare students for the challenges they will meet in our changing world.