Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC)
Publications Officer / Editor Job
May 16, 2018
Mclean, VA, US
Publications Officer / Editor (Job Number:436677)
- Review customer publications before dissemination, provide appropriate feedback on technical and grammatical content, lay out and format final products, ensure products are disseminated in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of customer writing standards, production practices, and technology.
- Review and edit products to align with Style Guide standards Review and edit graphics, including interactive media, assist in the development of visual aids, ensure proper formatting and readability.
- Verify proper sourcing of products and graphics.
- Finalize publications and serve as liaison to printing services.
- Provide archiving support.
- Track production, document and ensure workflow through the production process.
Required Education and Experience:
- Requires Bachelors, with 8 years experience in production of analytical products.
- Must have demonstrated experience in editing technical documents, and experience with reviewing, sourcing, and disseminating intelligence products.
- Must be proficient in advanced use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Current TS/SCI with Poly security clearance is required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
May 16, 2018, 3:11:54 PM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking:
Nearest Major Market:
Engineer, Security Clearance, Writing, Top Secret Clearance, TS / SCI, Engineering, Government, Creative
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."