NPower is a high-performing leader in providing pathways to successful digital careers for youth from underserved communities and veterans across the US and Canada. NPower’s award winning training programs use curriculum informed by senior industry leaders and labor market trends. On average, NPower graduates 85% of enrolled students, places 100% of graduates in paid internships and has over an 80% rate of success for employment or continued education within 6 months of graduation. Notable corporate partners include Symantec, Cisco, Bank of America, Citi, CBS, JPMorgan Chase, ServiceNow, and HP. Our annual gala, known as “the” tech fundraising event of the year, draws our largest donors and corporate supporters, as well as exceptional keynote speakers such as Michael Dell and Meg Whitman.
We address many of the primary barriers that our young adult and veteran communities confront. Beyond free technical classes, our career training programs provide in-demand certifications within weeks, paid internships, professional networking and mentorship with business leaders, soft skills coaching, connection to social services, job placement assistance, transit assistance and an opportunity for graduates to give back to the program via our professional volunteer network. We provide ongoing career coaching, advanced certifications, and leadership development for our alumni, ensuring that we are developing true pathways for long-term success for our students.
Over the past decade, NPower has developed a robust network of Fortune 500 companies, mid-sized enterprises, government agencies, staffing firms, and a network of nonprofit partners which host our interns and hire our graduate’s fulltime.
Volunteerism is integral to the success of our programs. Our 10,000 IT industry professional volunteers inspire the next generation of technology professionals by offering their time and knowledge to our students and to our non-profit partners. Corporate volunteers regularly participate in NPower-organized TechChallenges benefitting NPower’s network of nonprofit employer partners by addressing their technology needs.
Reporting to NPower’s Chief Development Officer, this is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic period of growth by a leading organization in workforce development. This position will support the expansion of NPower’s growing portfolio of programs by developing successful, data-driven grant requests to private and corporate foundations. This position offers the opportunity to work with Fortune 500 companies and high profile private foundations located throughout the United States.
· Develop, write, and submit LOIs, proposals, and reports to foundations/corporations
· Identify new institutional funding sources that increase and diversify NPower’s funding base
· Maintain calendar of proposal and report submissions using the Salesforce CRM platform, ensuring that all deadlines are met
· Work closely with staff to gather data for proposals and reporting
· Steward relationships with foundation/corporate staff related to grant funding, including prompt follow-up to all inquiries and other communications
· Plan and prepare for foundation/corporate meetings and prepare/coordinate follow-up materials
· Research new foundation funding sources to support current and new initiatives
· Support other NPower fundraising activities as needed
· Attend fundraising and other agency events
· Provide support to CEO and Chief Development Officer as needed
· Excellent writing and proofreading skills
· Ability to describe complex concepts or programs in concise yet impactful terms
· A minimum two years of foundation/corporate grant writing experience
· Track record securing funding from foundations/corporations leading to six-figure grants
· Excellent organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail, accuracy and pacing
· Proven ability to implement program data and other supporting research into grant requests
· Knowledge of fundraising information sources and research tools
· Conversant with program budgets
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple long and short term projects
· Fundraising experience for one or more of the following fields strongly preferred: workforce development, volunteer services, and veterans affairs
· Ability to work independently while also taking explicit direction from supervisor
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent CRM database.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Competitive salary commensurate with position and experience
Job Location City:
Job Location State:
Job Location Zip:
NPower mobilizes the tech community and provides individuals, nonprofits and schools opportunities to build tech skills and achieve their potential. We pursue this mission through two signature programs: Technology Service Corps builds brighter futures for underserved young adults and veterans through free technology and professional skills training. The program includes technical classes, mentoring from business leaders, internships and career development workshops at leading corporations and nonprofits, industry-recognized certifications as well as employment and alumni services. More than 80% of our alumni are employed or pursuing higher education within one year of graduation. Find out more. The Community Corps is a skills-based volunteering program connecting technology professionals with high impact nonprofits and innovative education partners via our online program. Our tech volunteers work hand-in-hand with schools and nonprofits across the country to help them use technology more effectively and inspire the next generation of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) professionals. Our services are free to individuals, nonprofits and schools. Find out more. - See more at: http://www.npower.org/Our-Purpose/Our-Purpose.aspx#sthash.CQA3QFft.dpuf