Experis is partnered with a healthcare insurance support provider in their search for a Technical Writer to support their Cyber Security Program by creating, reviewing, and updating documentation relating to their Security Operations Centers Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for a 6 month contract opportunity located in Washington, DC.
For questions or interest, please email ****
Technical writing to create documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements to support the Cyber Security Program, predominantly supporting the Security Operations Center.
Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to create and deliver documentation from documentation tools.
Focus on the solutions from the both the technical expert and customers point of view to ensure the deliverables bring real value.
Work closely with the stakeholders to develop clear, concise documentation from scratch or through revision of existing documentation.
Assist with internal and external requests for security related documentation and maintains required documentation.
Bachelor of Science in English, Journalism, business, or a technical discipline (e.g., Information Systems, Applied Science, Operations Research).
Five (5) or more years experience as a Technical Writer.
Five (5) or more years experience with technical writing tools, applications, and workflows.
Background in effective use of hyperlinks and parent/child files.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Experience with document management tools (e.g., RoboHelp, XHTML, CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), Adobe, OpenOffice, Snagit, SharePoint, etc.).
Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) products and shared receptacles such as SharePoint and Wiki.
Experience creating technical documentation such as user guides, technical guides, templates, training materials, etc.
Experience developing and managing technical documentation review process steps.
Experience researching tools, procedures, and technical configurations.
1. Independent contributor and go-getter
2. Interview and collaboration skills to obtain information for documentation, etc
3. Research skills to find out about the tool and what information needs to be passed to internal and external users of the tool
4. Comfortable and confident using industry standard documentation and communication skills
5. Proven experience working with complex systems and the solution development life cycle
6. The internal drive, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn, and desire to help the customers succeed
7. Ability to quickly understand complex systems and be able to explain them to varying customers
8. Strong analytical skills
9. Perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision
10. Strong multi-tasking skills
1. RoboHelp or other document management tools
3. Microsoft Office
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)