IT Job Pro
Houston, TX Texas, US, United States
25 minutes ago
Expires 11 May 2018
ITC – IT Function Communication Manager in Houston, TX Texas, US, United States
Houston, TX Texas, US, United States | N\/A | Permanent
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of IT Function Communication Manager located in Houston, TX through April 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position provides direction and support for IT Function-wide communications, events and engagements, working closely with the Chevron CIO\/President of ITC and with the General Manager, Technology, Strategy Services. As the planner and facilitator for monthly IT Function Extended Leadership Team meetings, this position works closely with business and IT leaders from across the company. Unique to this position is an opportunity to understand and contribute to IT thought leadership discussions at the executive level and then create change management plans for communications to end users. This position also collaborates daily with the PGPA Communications Advisor to the CIO in support of IT communications and events for ITC, the IT Function or all Chevron employees.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
– Provides direction and support for IT Function-wide communications, events and engagements
– Plans and facilitates the IT Function Extended Leadership Team (IT ELT) meetings for the CIO
– Is responsible for oversight and support of the IT Communications Framework and maintains a holistic view of end user changes impacting Chevron employees
– Provides communications planning and support for the Technology, Strategy and Services organization and GM
– Serves as editor of IT News, responsible for editing contributed articles and creating and publishing news stories for the weekly subscription-based IT News email digest
– Bachelors Degree in communications, business, public relations, marketing or related field
– 5 years prior relevant experience, preferably in the energy industry
– Exceptional writing, oral communication and presentation skills with experience communicating effectively with management and across all levels of the organization
– Demonstrated leadership and ability to drive results. Ability to take initiative and work independently and with minimal direction to provide high quality and timely deliverables.
– Proven proficiency to effectively condense complex information and transform technical data into simple and clear language.
– Demonstrated capability to multi-task and effectively manage non-routine work activities while quickly adapting to new business requirements or rapidly changing priorities
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity \/ Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.