UIC Technical Services
Dahlgren, VA 22448
Full Time / Part-Time
Up to 25%
TECHNICAL WRITER II (QWZ-18-0047-F):
Bowhead seeks a Technical Writer II to research, write, edit and proofread technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications. Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style. Assist in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations.
Essential functions will include:
• Work with teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of scientific and technical information, documentation content, and requirements.
• Work with internal teams to obtain documentation requirements.
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
• With minimal guidance, develops diagrams, charts, graphs that increases the user’s understanding.
• Standardizes content across document and briefing libraries.
• Develops high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is easy- to-understand, easy to use, meets applicable standards, and meets the objectives and goals for the intended audience.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3 years of relevant work experience.
Fewer years of experience are required for candidates with advanced degrees and/or exceptional qualifications (e.g. unique experience or high-demand certifications).
• Three (3) years of experience in proof reading, editing and formatting of technical documentation ensuring it is accurate, complete, and meets editorial and Government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style. This experience includes working with document authors in the drafting, review, and publication of technical documentation and reviews all project documentation for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
• Able to work under challenging deadlines and be accountable for completing work within specified time frames.
• Strong planning skills with the ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and coordinate timelines and schedules.
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
• Excellent written skills in English.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong inter-personal and communications skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY:https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=19681
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC HR for assistance. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP. The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Technical Services
Website : http://www.bowheadsupport.com
Bowhead Transportation Company, a wholly owned UIC subsidiary incorporated in Alaska and operating in Seattle, Washington, founded Bowhead Support Services (BSS) in 1999 and Bowhead Information Technology Service (BITS) in 2004. Early in 2005, both companies became integral parts of UIC's Technical and Professional Services Group directly under the auspices of UIC and its Native Alaskan shareholders. Bowhead's history signifies the success of the ANCSA, whose intention, in part, was to grant agency to Native Alaskans in order to improve their standard of living. Diligence, innovation, and a strong Alaskan Native cultural appreciation for human relationships and service have played significant roles in benefiting the people of Barrow and the companies under their guardianship.