Morgan Borszcz Consulting
Morgan Borszcz Consulting
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for Quality Assurance of technical documentation, especially contract deliverables, including program plans, engineering documents, monthly reports, and other project-related documentation
* Checking drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.
* Ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
* Interface with technical writers, Configuration and Data Management, and other project personnel in coordinating/preparing the edited draft.
* Reviewing rough drafts and making suggestions.
* Defining, or helping to define: standard settings for spell-checking on the program, a program style guide, checklists for various types of documents, and a common error list
* Editing contract deliverables for factual accuracy, completeness, structure of the document, compliance with standards, and style and comprehensibility
* Facilitating document reviews with technical writers, Configuration and Data Management, and Program Management
* Proof-reading contract deliverables before final delivery for spelling, grammar and terminology
(It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
SCOPE: Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting objectives. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under limited direction. Normally receives little to no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Personal / Team Development
* Demonstrates the MBC Values through behaviors; sets high personal standards for performance/conduct;
* Demonstrates ability to be a team player; works well with others; contributes positively to work/team environment.
* Provide support to consultants and clients and understand business issues and related challenges of the client's organization and industry
* Applies Technical or Business Knowledge in developing quality deliverables
* Supports the operations of the engagement team and management while performing as an integrated team member.
* Supports development of engagement work plans, schedules, and performance meetings
* Understands the fundamentals of client's business
* Works with team members to anticipate and assess clients future needs and assess solutions
* Supports practice business development activities
* Understands basic steps in sales process
* Demonstrates knowledge of MBC products and services
* Identifies potential add-on work and supports proposal development
Other duties as assigned
Supervision: Provide limited supervision through motivation, mentoring, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
* Associates Degree (Bachelors preferred) and 4 - 7 years of work related experience or a combination of both.
* Requires 3 years' experience in editorial or technical writing experience in a Defense-contracting environment, of which at least 1 year is in IT documentation
* Exceptional technical communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to use plain English
* Strong command of English grammar and punctuation
* Ability to translate technical information into simpler terms for non-technical audiences
* Ability to manage multiple writing/editing assignments under tight deadlines
* Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
* Ability to work alone and as part of a team
* Experience in cross-functional settings, especially an Integrated Product Team environment
* Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Experience working in a company operating under an ISO 9001 or similar Quality System.
* Experience with SharePoint document management
* Experience with electronic health records systems
* Knowledgeable of engagement or project planning and control process
* Identifies potential add-on work and supports proposal development
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
* Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
* Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
* Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
* Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
* Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, type or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
* Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles, caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
MBC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Founded in 2001, MBC is a Woman-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business and 8(a) designated company. From our inception, MBC’s focus has been delivering solutions that meet our clients’ needs with maximum adaptability at market leading cost. We manage your most critical initiatives to bring out your best performance, with extensive experience and proven success implementing business process, management, and automation solutions. MBC has grown from 3 employees in 2004 to more than 100 employees in 2009. Our success is a direct result of delivering exceptional results to our clients, whether as a prime or a subcontractor. Our key management personnel collectively have more than 75 years of experience managing prime contracts and we perform over 65% of our business as a prime contractor. As a result of our growth, MBC was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 500 fastest growing private companies in the United States for 2008 and 2009. As we have grown, MBC has consistently kept our customers’ costs down through our lean business model of minimal infrastructure and maximum flexibility. Our clients need a nimble, results-driven partner, and we have incorporated that need as a foundational aspect of our business approach. The support our customers receive is further enhanced by our stability and the depth of knowledge we bring. MBC consultants average over 14 years experience in their respective fields as well as advanced training and education. More than 90% of MBC consultants hold college degrees, with 34% having Masters or PhD-level degrees. More than 75% hold some a security clearance, and we experience less than 12% turnover annually in our staff. Smart, strategic use of expertise and experience means we deliver your solutions on time and on budget. MBC has been certified by Open Ratings, Inc., as a Top 20% Performer based on the Past Performance Evaluation (PPE) survey responses of its reference customers. MBC received a PPE score of 96/100 which demonstrates outstanding overall customer satisfaction relative to similar companies. Our customers benefit from our well-developed and embedded program management structure and delivery capability. We operate a robust, web-based time and expense system and DCAA-approved financial system to ensure compliance with the evolving regulatory requirements. Every day, government agencies, corporations, institutions, and infrastructure organizations rely on MBC’s consulting services, information technology capabilities, and systems engineering and integration expertise to find solutions and seize opportunities. We combine a consultant’s unique problem-solving orientation with deep technical knowledge and strong execution to help clients achieve success in their most critical missions. We leverage our years of invaluable experience and combine it with the ability to actively listen to your needs, and build solutions tailored to your unique challenges. Our solutions innovate where needed, but also take full advantage of established solution elements, as appropriate. MBC has unparalleled depth of knowledge of military and government operations, systems, and culture. We are ready to put that knowledge to use, delivering meaningful results to you.