SmartBrief is seeking a freelance writer with a background or strong interest in journalism to summarize news articles for daily email newsletters targeted to health care and life sciences professionals. Candidates will need to complete a 35-minute writing test to be considered.
Applicants should have daily morning availability, although afternoon assignments are also available.
What we're looking for:
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive, newsroom-style work environment.
- Someone who can demonstrate an ability to interpret medical, scientific and/or health care content.
- The ideal candidate has worked as a writer or editor for a health care, science or medical publication.
-Using both manual and automated searches, find appropriate articles to include in the brief. - Summarize online articles, studies and other information for use in email publications.
- Self edit/correct own copy for accuracy, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content.
Required SkillsRequired Experience
Website : http://www.smartbrief.com
SmartBrief is a media company with a mission to save you time and keep you well-informed. Using our proprietary technology, our editors become your personal research assistants: handpicking, distilling and disseminating the best and most important news stories from a wide range of sources.