Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt I
Under the general supervision of the Community Engagement Center Director, the Administrative Analyst/Specialist I, is responsible for overseeing all fiscal management, including oversight of income streams, grant budgets and budgetary reporting for the Chancellor's Office and all other annual reports; working to maintain the CECconnect database and assisting with its expansion and training of faculty and student users; ensuring accuracy in all reporting (financial and data); administrative/operational support; recruiting, hiring, training and providing lead work direction to student assistants; maintain department website; problem solving to ensure efficient overall management of the
Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Classification Salary Range
$3,897 - $6,647 monthly
$3,897 - $4,584 monthly
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent?
Regular or Temporary
Full Time or Part Time
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; other hours may be required. Summer hours may be observed.
Community Engagement Center
(please use the apply button below)
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
1. Experience in maintaining, monitoring, and reconciling budgets.
2. Managing complex databases, queries, and reporting tools
3. Ability to maintain databases and shared files
4. Ability to maintain and update webpages
5. Ability to support grant activities (e.g. budget, reporting, proposals)
6. Ability to recruit, hire, train, and provide lead work direction to others (e.g. student assistants)
7. Ability to identify and understand problems from a broader perspective and develop/recommend proposed solutions
8. Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist
9. Strong analytical skills with the ability to research, collect and analyze data for reports to the
and other funding sources
10. Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
11. Exhibit sound judgement and ability to identify and solve problems with sensitivity and tact.
12. Expertise in using office software packages, technology and systems
13. Strong organizational and prioritization skills to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
14. Strong proofreading and editing skills
15. Strong written and oral communication skills
Work Schedule Requirements:
16. Ability to travel and/or work nights and weekends as needed.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to pass a background check.
18. Ability to coordinate and lead office operations
19. Ability to establish new communication pathways, operating procedures, fiscal accounting systems, and program evaluation processes in response to new programs and initiatives is required;
20. Ability to manage multiple income streams and accounting systems.
21. Ability to provide lead work direction to employees and exercise tact and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships at all levels of university interactions as well as interactions with colleagues, faculty, and administrators across the
system and other universities and foundations.
22. Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the university infrastructure, policies and procedures
23. Experience in the coordination of entire clerical and administrative support functions of a department, work unit and/or office
24. Familiarity with social media outlets such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
25. Familiarity with campus systems such as Illume, PeopleSoft, Associated Students Inc. (
) and Student Employment databases, etc
17. Possess valid driver's license and maintenance of good driving record.
Is Background Check Required
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S..
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit (please use the apply button below).
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit ****for%2....
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit (please use the apply button below).
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
First Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
For questions regarding this search, contact:
(see application details)
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.