Are you looking to make a big impact within an organization that supports the majority of revenue generating businesses within Amazon? Do you enjoy writing user friendly on screen instructions, user guides, manuals, describing intricate systems, processes, and domain specific concepts to help businesses launch their products and services? We have a unique opportunity in Amazon's Financial Ledgering and Accounting Systems Hub (FLASH) team to simplify the financial system integration experience through the adoption and use of self-service capabilities.
FLASH, a division within Amazon's eCommerce Foundation Organization (eCF) is leading big innovations in business systems integration and financial data processing. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes tens of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are the center of Amazon's key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon's businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our services. As a member of the FLASH team, you will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cutting edge technology, and believe that world-class support is critical to customer success.
As a Tech Writer for FLASH, you'll need to put yourself in the shoes of our customers (Software Development Engineers, Support Engineers, Programmer Analysts, and other tech profiles) that utilize FLASH self-service capabilities to integrate with Amazon's financial systems. Help us write the documentation for both tech and non-tech customers utilizing FLASH's self-service capabilities to integrate with financial systems at Amazon.
The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality content, drive complex documentation projects, collaborate with product managers and engineers, and quickly grasp new technical concepts with enthusiasm.
The primary responsibilities for a Technical Writer include:
• Write and edit end-user and internal-user knowledge base content describing FLASH Self Services capabilities and troubleshooting processes.
• Collaborate with FLASH Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to optimize and maintain content for usability and accessibility, while maintaining a high bar for quality.
• Use writing expertise and extraordinary attention to detail to evaluate, uphold, implement, and evangelize content standards.
• Manage all aspects of the documentation process-from planning to content maintenance.
• Work directly FLASH teams and stakeholders to produce world-class knowledge based content.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS The ideal candidate is passionate about financial system integration experience and working to drive to self-service capability adoption within Amazon's internal customer base. Candidates should have experience in designing, developing, and producing knowledge base content. To meet the required qualifications for this role, candidates should:
• Have experience designing and delivering customer-oriented documentation.
• Be highly organized with acute attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment.
• Be able to write content that clearly communicates complex technical topics to customers.
• Demonstrated ability to make the complex simple through written documentation.
• Be able to research, develop, write, and edit effective content with a focus on the intended audience.
• Possess a strong desire to learn new technologies, the curiosity to figure out how things work, and a passion for improving the customer experience.
• Have 5 years of experience as a technical writer or content strategist.
• Possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, Technical Communication, or related field
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS It is preferred that candidates also:
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Obsess about the customer experience, never settle for good enough, and continually inspire others to advocate on behalf of the customer.
• Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional projects across category or teams.
• Be familiar with financial systems.
• Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and use web metrics to gauge trends and evaluate content in an unbiased fashion.
• Experience developing and executing strategic communication plans for large internal audiences.
• Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content