Would you like to join a team focused on producing high-quality technical documentation for Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Do you have the deep technical background necessary to help AWS continue in its role as the premier player in cloud computing and web services? As a Programmer Writer on the AWS Developer Documentation team, you'll have the exciting opportunity to work with a stellar technical team to produce product documentation.
AWS is deeply committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace. One of our key measures of success is our support for the vibrant developer community that uses AWS products. The AWS Developer Documentation team plays a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that our products are clearly described and easy to use.
The ideal candidate has a technical background that allows him or her to easily interact with software design engineers and product managers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
• Drive documentation planning with engineering teams
• Apply documentation design standards to produce high-quality documentation for various web services
• Write or edit code samples to support documentation
** For more information on AWS, visit ******
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • A minimum of 7 years as a technical writer in a relevant field
• Experience designing and delivering developer documentation
• A degree in computer science, or a related field is highly desirable
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working directly with development teams
• Experience with XML-based publishing systems
• Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• A proactive and open-minded attitude toward resolving problems and delivering results
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Previous experience working with database products, including SQL solutions (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server) or NoSQL solutions (such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, or Redis)
• Experience with web services and related technologies
• Experience working with a programming language, such as Java, Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, etc.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills