At Hasbro, we embrace the unique skills, experiences, talents and perspectives of our global workforce which, combined with our culture of curiosity and innovation, generates the best ideas. We live our values of Community, Passion, Integrity and Creativity, and we're committed to giving our 5,000+ employees opportunities to build their individual capabilities, balance work and home, deliver excellence through team work and thrive personally. This enables us to deliver results in all aspects of our business.
We are looking for a talented writer who will work in partnership with Brand Design and Marketing to produce clear, persuasive copy for toy and game product packages, instructions, e-commerce copy, ads, and supporting collateral. The successful Brand Writer will possess an established talent for creative writing, including the ability to name products and develop signature styles that capture and define the essence of our brands. This writer must be capable of writing in a wide range of styles and of managing numerous concurrent projects at different phases of development. In addition to advanced writing skills, this writer must also possess strong presentation and interpersonal skills. This position demands someone who can not only write creatively, but who can think creatively—someone prepared to contribute on-target ideas to multiple brand development teams.
(70%) Write copy for packages, instructions, web descriptions, ads, and supporting collateral:
* Generate product and brand names and taglines.
* Assist in the development easily-communicable gameplay with the Brand Design team.
* Research relevant product and competitive information.
* Leverage consumer insights gained through product testing to continually improve the impact of output.
* Present work and obtain Marketing approvals.
* Track multiple projects and meet deadlines.
* Monitor legal, licensor, and regulatory requirements.
* Collaborate with the global editorial team.
* Update copy documents on group servers.
(30%) Collaborate with product development teams, which includes:
* Initiate and attend team meetings, product kick offs, approval meetings, and status meetings
* Work closely with Marketing, Graphic Design, Product Design, Engineering, Legal, Quality Assurance, and Global Adaptations to understand product features and positioning and to contribute to brand development
* BA in English, Writing, Journalism, or equivalent related experience required.
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in creating/editing consumer targeted written materials for well-known brands.
* Demonstrated command of all aspects of creative writing, including the ability to name products and write against a defined brand strategy.
* Capable of writing in a range of styles and in managing numerous concurrent projects at different phases of development.
* Demonstrated creative and technical writing talent.
* Knowledge of communication strategies.
* Ability to pair appropriate words with visual elements.
* Ability to think quickly and adjust to changing circumstances.
* Flexibility to work independently or collaboratively.
* Proven time/project management ability.
* Excellent attention to detail and dedication to accuracy.
* Confidence, resilience, and a positive attitude.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 5 on the 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past seven years. Learn more at ****and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).