CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC
Legal Receptionist – Seattle
A downtown Seattle law practice, located next to Pike's Place Market, is seeking a punctual and dependable Legal Receptionist to serve as the front-desk Legal Support for a multi-practice law firm.
This is an immediate hire full-time position. The firm provides legal services primarily in the areas of litigation, transaction, and international law. The law firm is looking for a candidate with office experience.
This is a fast-paced position: organization, promptness, reliability, and ability to multitask are a must. Candidates are encouraged to apply who are fast learners, possess at least 3 years of office experience (law firm experience is a plus), ability to answer multiple lines, ability to prioritize and multitask, handle calendaring and data entry, handle all incoming and outgoing mail/facsimile on behalf of the firm, drafting legal notices and other administrative legal documents, such as legal messenger, proof/certificate of service, notices of appearances, notices of unavailability, etc. SUMMARY OF Legal Reception RESPONSIBILITIES
* Answer multiple phone lines, take messages and promptly update attorneys and staff, respond courteously, prompt follow up;
* Responsible for scheduling and confirming appointments;
* Prompt data entry and update on various legal database and tracking spreadsheets;
* Ability to communicate with clients, prospective clients, the court, vendors with clarity courtesy, and professionalism;
* Team player as part of the Firm's team of attorneys and support staff;
* Respond to email correspondence and follow up with promptness, precision and clarity, professionalism, and detail;
* Calendaring with detail and precision, inform and update attorneys and staff;
* Neat, organized and possess attention for detail;
* Perform basic administrative tasks, including scanning, shredding, set up client files, and filing;
* Ability to draft client correspondence documents, including engagement/disengagement letters, agreements, invoices, business letters, and other basic client correspondence letters;
* Manage attorney calendars (tickler) and the scheduling of appointments;
* Generating, proofreading and editing documents; and
* Task master for all daily tasks and other assigned tasks to be performed. POSITION REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* A minimum of 3 years working in an office environment is required, with preference to candidate who have worked in a law office/firm environment;
* Strong computer skills / typing ability and general online research functions using (Word, Outlook, Power Point Excel, Adobe, SharePoint, OneNote, search engines and online database);
* Impeccable organizational and planning skills;
* Reliable, flexible with strong multitasking ability; highly detailed oriented, well organized and carry himself/herself in a professional manner;
* Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision under time constraints/deadlines;
* Strong written and oral communication skills; and
* Excellent phone skills and comfortable handling a multi-line telephone system. PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
* Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply (Mandarin and Spanish Speaking a plus);
* Familiarity with office programs and SharePoint or other legal databases;
* Past experience as a Legal Receptionist
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
* At-will employment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
: Full Time
* Business Hours
: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
* Initial Salary
: Depends on Experience.
* Probationary Period
: 6 months.
: After the 6-month probationary period, all employees have the option to receive health, dental and vision insurance from the firm’s platinum coverage with Regence Blue Shield.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents in PDF format:
* Cover letter; and
* Curriculum Vitae.
Job Type: Full-time
CHUNG, MALHAS & MANTEL, PLLC