The Hartville Hardware is looking for a creative professional to join our marketing team and enrich our website with relevant, engaging marketing copy for landing pages, blog posts and social media that effectively articulates our brand and ethos in the digital medium. If you are familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we'd like to meet you. Please share samples of your work or online portfolio along with your application.
* Writing clear marketing copy that promotes our products and services
* Coordinate with departments and outside vendors to produce current and fresh content for the website.
* Coordinate production of digital assets (photography/video/graphics) for website.
* Prepare well-structured drafts using word processing software and web content management software.
* Submit work to editors for input and approval.
* Coordinate with graphic design team members to illustrate articles, emails and product descriptions.
* Conduct simple keyword research and SEO guidelines to increase web traffic.
* Identify customer needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
* Ensure all-around consistency (styles, fonts, images and tone) of website with brand identity.
* Update web content as needed and social media on a regular schedule.
* Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills we are looking for:
* Excellent writing and editing skills.
* Great research, organizational and learning skills.
* Familiarity with word processing software like Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
* Familiarity with web content management systems (WordPress or similar systems).
* An understanding of formatting articles on the web.
Other skills that would be valuable:
* Some experience with online marketing.
* Experience selecting photography to support written copy.
* Go-getter personality.
Skills and knowledge areas where you can develop professionally in this position:
* Understand how major search engines work.
* Understanding of consumers and what motivates them online.
* Familiarity and practice with keyword placement and SEO best practices.
Who We Are:
From its beginning in 1947 as a general farm store, Hartville Hardware has always operated on a foundation of faith, integrity, and serving the surrounding community. We have made our name through our knowledgeable salespeople and first-rate customer service. We have always emphasized being responsive to our customers' wants and needs with a friendly smile, helpful service and no sales pressure.
Over the years, the business has evolved from a small-town hardware store to the largest independent hardware store in the nation. In addition to the offerings of a traditional Do It Best retailer, we have:
* A full-service design center that can help with every aspect of turning your dream kitchen or bathroom into a reality.
* A full-service lumber yard that carries the most complete line of products in the industry.
* A full range of outdoor power equipment from John Deere, Honda, and Stihl.
* A large selection of appliances from Kitchen Aid, Sub Zero, GE and many more.
In 2012, the Hartville Hardware joined its sister companies, the Hartville Kitchen and Hartville Marketplace and Flea Market on Edison Street NW in Hartville in a brand new 305,000 square foot retail center that features the most in-depth displays of current products ranging from doors and windows to state-of-the-art decking, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, as well as appliances. In addition, this new facility has a number of unique features, including a three-lane drive-thru lumber yard, a fully-furnished 1,850 square foot Idea House that you can tour in the Design Center, and the Row House, an architectural facade that showcases significant designs from local Ohio history. With a little over 7 acres under one roof, the Hartville Hardware is a one-of-a-kind experience.