Hospital For Special Surgery
The Development Writer is a key member of a dynamic fundraising team for the nation’s #1 orthopedic hospital. He/she will write, edit, review, proofread, and produce a range of fundraising materials for sophisticated philanthropists. Content focuses on a wide range of topics including innovative musculoskeletal research, clinical care, and the expansion of building and laboratories. HSS is engaged in a campaign to raise $300 million, and the Development Writer will play a critical role in meeting this goal by preparing persuasive proposals, letters, reports, brochures, event materials, and acknowledgement letters, collaborating closely with Development Directors, physicians, and program staff.
Write compelling proposals, inquiry letters, fundraising appeals, and other donor-related correspondence in support of the hospital’s strategic priorities.
Collaborate with major gift fundraisers and Hospital leadership to steward high-level donors by writing high-quality and customized reports.
Provide writing and editorial expertise to front-line fundraisers across the Development Department.
Write and edit event invitations, letters, remarks for board, executive, and physician leadership, and other collateral materials as needed.
Write personalized acknowledgments to major and leadership donors on behalf of trustees, advisors, medical staff, and executive leadership.
Write and edit fund-raising material for internal and external communications, including the Hospital’s website and annual report.
A bachelor's degree is required.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
· Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills. (A writing test is required.)
· Well organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Able to meet deadlines and on-demand requests for written material. Flexible and resourceful.
· Goal oriented and thrives on getting results by completing assignments on time and at the highest standards.
· Creative and marketing minded.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; highly collaborative and works well in a team.
· Technologically savvy. Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), with the ability to learn additional software and Raiser's Edge, the database used for the Hospital's fund-raising.
· Diplomatic and discreet. Can handle highly sensitive and/or confidential information appropriately.
· A minimum of three years of professional work experience is required.
· Experience with development communications is highly preferred, including writing fund-raising materials.
· Experience in a hospital/university setting is desirable.
: Competitive with comprehensive and generous benefits package.
: Please send your resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to email@example.com
. Please note that incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Hospital for Special Surgery
Job Location City:
Job Location State:
Job Location Zip:
Fundraising Day in New York 2018
Learn about Fundraising Day in New York 2018. View now>